Welcome to NDC Lab. Homepage!
This is the official website of Networking and Distributed Computing Laboratory (NDC Lab.) at the Kulliyyah (Faculty) of Information and Communication Technology, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RELOCATING ...
Vision of NDC Laboratory
Various types of wired and wireless networks and their applications can be seen in many places now-a-days. With the increase in the number of Internet users, with the aid of wireless communications and demand of flexible anytime, anywhere networking, self-organizing wireless networks have already gained huge popularity among users. For wider support of wireless connectivity and developing easy-to-use technologies, substantial efforts are underway to reduce human intervention in the configuration, formation, and maintenance processes of these networks. Furthermore, different types of distributed computing technologies are widening the scope of our thinking and research issues in networking. NDC Laboratory envisions to investigate a wide range of research issues pertaining to general networking and distributed computing fields.
The mission of our lab is to perform quality research in the areas of different networking and distributed computing technologies under the supervision of qualified researchers and academic staffs from KICT, IIUM. Members of the lab are investigating wireless and mobility problems such as routing protocols and algorithms, resource and service location protocols, performance evaluations of networking systems, ubiquitous systems, context aware ubiquitous environment, mechanisms to improve throughput over wireless links, network management and network security, and other related areas. Research environment of the lab is a combination of earnest endeavor of quality students from different countries sharing a wide variety of state-of-the-art of technological knowledge.
- Last Updated: 05 July, 2015
- NDC Lab. is moving to another university. For updated information, kindly check here *NEW*
- Part of Saad's PhD work, prototype software (standalone version) for Qur'anic Arabic learning is available here *NEW*
- Editorial article on Information integrity in smart grid systems in Information Systems journal, Elsevier has appeared online here
- Paper on Coordinated Checkpointing Algorithm for Message-Passing Systems has been accepted in ACM IPAC 2015, Algeria
- Our paper on building customer trust in cloud computing environment in Wireless Personal Communications, Springer has appeared online here
- Keynote speech on building customer trust in cloud computing was delivered by Al-Sakib Khan Pathan in ICACCE-2015 conference in Dehradun, India on 2 May, 2015
- Our paper on Routing Metric for Underwater Acoustic Network has appeared online in CAEE, Elsevier, here
- Paper on Secure Data Aggregation Watermarking-based Scheme in Homogeneous WSNs has been accepted in Telecommunication Systems, Springer
- Wafaa has successfully defended her PhD thesis (with minor corrections), Alhamdulillah. Congratulations to Dr. Wafaa!!
- Imran's paper on mitigating XSS attacks has been accepted in IEEE Computer Society's flagship publication, Computer